Over Forty Forum
<meta name="verify-v1" content="te6BNzOGCzF3773Sdc0QP91IXNmYJ0ZKmSVe46PBlxs=" >

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Over Forty Forum
<meta name="verify-v1" content="te6BNzOGCzF3773Sdc0QP91IXNmYJ0ZKmSVe46PBlxs=" >
Over Forty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birth order - does it really matter?

2 posters

Go down

Birth order - does it really matter? Empty Birth order - does it really matter?

Post  Jake Brooklyn Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

New York Times article than mentions the Cleaver Family of "Leave It To Beaver"

full article here

Jake Brooklyn

Back to top Go down

Birth order - does it really matter? Empty Re: Birth order - does it really matter?

Post  belinda Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:26 pm

I think the whole theory of birth order deciding your destiny is crap. Look at Prince Charles lol

belinda

Back to top Go down

Birth order - does it really matter? Empty Birth order

Post  qmyriam Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:59 pm

I do think there is some truth to the birth order theory. I don't think it's consistant with every family but I do think that there are certain expectations for the oldest. The oldest takes these to heart and either accepts them or rebels them. I also feel that there is a jealousy between you and your younger siblings. You subconsciously think that you could have more time with your parents, if they weren't around. This harbors the feelings for sibling rivalry. When it comes to relationships, I'm not sure what works. If you find out let me know.

qmyriam

Back to top Go down

Birth order - does it really matter? Empty Re: Birth order - does it really matter?

Post  wandan Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:30 am

Good post qmyr - As an eldest child, I was always resentful that my younger siblings could get away with anything. I was told, "You're the oldest. You should know better"

wandan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down