Over Forty Forum
<meta name="verify-v1" content="te6BNzOGCzF3773Sdc0QP91IXNmYJ0ZKmSVe46PBlxs=" >

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Over Forty Forum
<meta name="verify-v1" content="te6BNzOGCzF3773Sdc0QP91IXNmYJ0ZKmSVe46PBlxs=" >
Over Forty Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home

2 posters

Go down

EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home Empty EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home

Post  cv0556 Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:10 pm

This is going to be a huge adjustment for me and husband. We've been living without children since 2003. Our son was laid off three months ago, and told us today that he has exhausted his savings. (damn this recession). He's moving into his old bedroom Sep 1st. Luv him dearly, but I don't want him around 24/7 How can I say no? Crying or Very sad

cv0556

Back to top Go down

EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home Empty Re: EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home

Post  Gary in Minnesota Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:30 pm

My daughter did the same at the same age. I would suggest you welcome him with open arms, but tell him he has a full-time job getting a new employer. Up and out of bed by 8, sending off resumes, checking Craig's List, the newspaper classifieds, knocking on doors etc. As I told my daughter "When you're an adult there is no such thing as a free lunch." She got a new job three months after coming home. She now has her own apartment again.

Gary in Minnesota

Back to top Go down

EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home Empty Re: EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home

Post  Teresita Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:02 pm

I agree - you must sit down and set out the ground rules with him immediately - and stick to them!
Teresita
Teresita

Back to top Go down

EEK! My 27 year old son is moving back home Empty Our 50 year old son has moved back home

Post  Grrrrr Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:01 pm

We're in our early eighties, and never, ever expected this. I blame neo-conservative economic policies of the past thirty years. You can't keep cutting taxes and increasing spending without the economic disaster that we are all facing today. (Also, his divorce didn't help)

Grrrrr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum